Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazmaximus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Does anyone know how to get the connection established between a PocketPC and a mac via a wifi connection. Markspace says it's possible but I've found their advise confusing and I'm not getting anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
mazmaximus said:
Does anyone know how to get the connection established between a PocketPC and a mac via a wifi connection. Markspace says it's possible but I've found their advise confusing and I'm not getting anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to do this? do you plan on syncing via Wi-Fi?

mazmaximus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. It was one of the things that drew me to Missing Sync. They say that the program will do it they just don't tell you really how to.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
well, i sync with the Missing Sync software via bluetooth. I'm sure to sync via Wi-Fi you need to set up a network on your mac then connect to it on the PPC.

mazmaximus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
I'm kind of a newbe. Can you by chance tell me how to set up that network with my mac? I have a regular 802.11g wireless router and a 1 gig titanium. If that helps.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
In the Bar, up by the clock click the AirPort Signal bar and in that drop down menu click "Create Network". Name it, then click OK. In your PPC connect to the new network (remember what you named it) via the Wi-Fi settings. To actually sync it, that i'm unsure of with the Wi-Fi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.