Missing text messages !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daveman235, Jan 9, 2010.

1. daveman235 macrumors member

I keep having problems with sending and receiving text messages. People sometimes won't get my messages or I won't get there's randomly. It's really getting on my nerves !!!! Anyone else having this problem?? If so is there a fix ?? Help!!!

2. daveman235 thread starter macrumors member

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

First and foremost, please do not "bump" threads. It is against the Forum Rules. Thank you.

Now, is this problem only occurring to a specific recipient or to a specific network? Also, what kind of signal strength are you getting when this is happening? If you are on iPhone OS 3.0, is the red button with the exclamation point (Message send failure button) appearing next to the message(s)?

DPA

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's most likelly a carrier issue.
    Call them up and tell them what's happening.
    Maybe try a restore also.

5. daveman235 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know what bumping is ....

The messages are going through fine .... It doesn't give me the exclamation point. I have the iPhone 3gs and the latest software upgrade.

This has been happening to a few different people

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i had this problem at one point. i brought it into an apple store and they did what they called a hardware reset. i asked if this could be done by me at a later date? they said that it is something that had to be done by them. now i havent had a problem since they did that so it will probably work for you.

p.s. "bumping" is when you start a thread then write in another entry just to move it up. it can be frustrating when no one answers your question so i understand. you probably wont get in trouble for doing it once but try not to do it too often. good luck.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Like ViciousShadow said, if you have Apple do a hardware reset it should definitely fix the problem but if it doesn't your at Apple and they can do the necessary repair as long as you are under warranty. They will, however, only be able to fix it if it's a problem directly on the iPhone. If it's a carrier problem they will not be able to do anything. Your best luck with that is calling AT&T, or whatever your carrier is depending on where you are or if you are unlocked.

Yes, it's not a big deal and I understand why you did it. I just wanted to let you know that it is against Forum Rules for future reference so you do not get in trouble for it. Thanks.

DPA