Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I just noticed that on my Mac's calendar app, Thanksgiving is missing. Other holidays are listed. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanksgiving does show up as a holiday on my iPhone and iPad's calendars.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
christmas eve is there? day of the dead november 2? halloween today?
Yup. The only one that seems to be missing is Thanksgiving. Maybe Apple is implying I have nothing to give thanks for.... And incidentally, the holidays are all there on my iPhone and iPad. It's just missing on my M1 Mac mini. That mini has started to produce a lot of strange bugs since the Sonoma update.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
that's an odd one. perhaps unsubscribe/resubscribe to the holiday calendar. but if you're having other issues, start a new thread and perhaps ppl here can help...

if you want to resubscribe: US Holiday calendar

Last edited:

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
Possible, OP. Given yesterday's Scary Fast announcement and the fact that you are still using an M1 Mac mini (who knows how old your other Apple gear might be), perhaps Apple is sending you the message to upgrade before you are allowed to give thanks. I have a 2019 MBP and a 2013 Mac Pro and due to their age, Apple has deleted all holidays from my calendar. ;)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Possible, OP. Given yesterday's Scary Fast announcement and the fact that you are still using an M1 Mac mini (who knows how old your other Apple gear might be), perhaps Apple is sending you the message to upgrade before you are allowed to give thanks. I have a 2019 MBP and a 2013 Mac Pro and due to their age, Apple has deleted all holidays from my calendar. ;)
huh? is the U.S. Holidays calendar in your list? is it checked? or you can re-add it from the link i posted above...

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
huh? is the U.S. Holidays calendar in your list? is it checked? or you can re-add it from the link i posted above...
Fisherking, I maybe should have added /s to my post. Just riffing on OP's comment that Apple may not feel they have anything to give thanks for and removed Thanksgiving from their calendar. On a serious note, my calendar has all the holidays (even the ones I can't pronounce). :)

Reactions: fisherking
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.