Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tpm1999

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Anyone else have missing tv shows on the new Apple TV. I wanted to watch Super Bowl xlv but the icon is missing and the metadata made it look like it was the most recent superbowl instead. Hit play and there said there was an error. This happens on another show nimrod nation also. Both still work fine on my iPad and iPhone.

Reactions: Godzilla71

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
Yes I had mentioned this in another thread. I have 2 tv shows no longer available in iTunes not show up on the ATV4 (blank artwork etc.) When you try and view them it says "not available in US store or something. Yet, they are accessible in the cloud like normal on any of my IOS devices, iTunes on my mac and still show up normal on the ATV3 so I hope this is just some sort of oversight that will be fixed soon.

RollTide1017

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2009
Montgomery, AL
This is happening to me as well. I own 2 BCS Championship games, 2009 Bama vs Texas and 2011 Bama vs LSU. Can't play either one on the new Apple TV, just gives me an error. The artwork was blank until today, when it suddenly showed, still won't play though.

Buckeye85

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Am having an issue with The Sopranos complete collection as well. Artwork was blank, and got an error when trying to play it. The artwork showed up today, but it wont play. At least there is some progress lol. I also have an issue with The Departed not showing the artwork, but it plays fine.

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Am having an issue with The Sopranos complete collection as well. Artwork was blank, and got an error when trying to play it. The artwork showed up today, but it wont play. At least there is some progress lol. I also have an issue with The Departed not showing the artwork, but it plays fine.

I would contact apple to see. Maybe a licensing issue on a set top box? Can you airplay from iOS

Buckeye85

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Same here, Sopranos is working totally fine now. Glad to see they were pretty quick to fix this.

aerre

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Evidently TV SHOWS has vanished from ATV rather frequently through the years.
Why?
Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.