Missing vBulletin functionality?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
In other vBulletin 3.06 forums that I frequent, the post edit window has an increase/decrease size (of the edit window) functionailty, somthing I find quite useful. Not so here. I can't seem to find any editing changes in my CP or anywhere that will turn this on. Anyway we can get this turned on by the admins?

Attachments

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
hmmm my website has it (using 3.07) probably something in the template that it originates from, i can't remember, don't have the time to look right now

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
While we're on the subject of vB features that aren't on the forum, is it possible to add the "Forum Navigation" menus to the bottom of each page.

These are the menus that allow you to jump to subforums in one click without having to navigate back to the homepage and go through all the other forums. I find it a very useful feature, as I often jump around between a few forums here.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
thomasp said:
While we're on the subject of vB features that aren't on the forum, is it possible to add the "Forum Navigation" menus to the bottom of each page.

These are the menus that allow you to jump to subforums in one click without having to navigate back to the homepage and go through all the other forums. I find it a very useful feature, as I often jump around between a few forums here.
arn took the forum jump one out quite awhile ago, because of the load it put on the server.

It was a dynamically created menu back then, and I don't think he has bothered (or had the time) to look into writing a static one.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
yellow said:
In other vBulletin 3.06 forums that I frequent, the post edit window has an increase/decrease size (of the edit window) functionailty, somthing I find quite useful. Not so here. I can't seem to find any editing changes in my CP or anywhere that will turn this on. Anyway we can get this turned on by the admins?
Use OmniWeb. ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
GeeYouEye said:
Use OmniWeb. ;)
that increase decrease size shows up on my website under safari, so it isn't browser, it is something that was removed from the postthread editpost postreply templates

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
thomasp said:

I find this really annoying too.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Sun Baked said:
arn took the forum jump one out quite awhile ago, because of the load it put on the server.

It was a dynamically created menu back then, and I don't think he has bothered (or had the time) to look into writing a static one.
Look at the top of the page? You get a forum jump up there, under the User CP and that bar...