Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
So, I am running Windoze 10 under Parallels on a Macbook Air M1. Got a game that runs under Windows without Steam, but when I boot it up, screen message tells me a file is missing, to wit: XINPUT1_3.DLL. Where can I find this file and in what Windoze subdirectory does it go? Thanks!

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
So, I am running Windoze 10 under Parallels on a Macbook Air M1. Got a game that runs under Windows without Steam, but when I boot it up, screen message tells me a file is missing, to wit: XINPUT1_3.DLL. Where can I find this file and in what Windoze subdirectory does it go? Thanks!
That's a DirectX dll. Try downloading DirectX and installing it. You might have to uninstall the game and reinstall it afterword.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Arrgh. So I downloaded the correct DirectX dll from Microsoft, installed it and erased and reinstalled the game and voila, the same damned error message. Missing: XINPUT1_3.DLL. More than slightly annoying. :(

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Bummer! In checking things, I think I gave you the wrong link, you should have needed directx 9 instead of 11. Here's a link to that:

After you download it, double left mouse click on it and it's extract the files, note where it extracts them to, then after it's all extracted, go to that folder, and double left click on DXSETUP.EXE, and follow the prompts to install. After it's done, try your game, you shouldn't have to reinstall that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.