Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naajaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
I am not quite sure about the entire situation, but I hope someone can help based on what I know.

When I boot into windows, I can't connect to the internet. This is not because I don't have a router nearby, it's because there is no wireless. Usually, from what I've seen, there's a little icon at the bottom that tell if you connected or not, I don't see it. I can't find where to access that window that gives you a list of networks in range. I tried repairing the drivers a few times, but I still can't connect.

Can someone help me, or at least walk me through how to find more information on the problem?

andimaciphone

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
Hereford,UK
I am not quite sure about the entire situation, but I hope someone can help based on what I know.

When I boot into windows, I can't connect to the internet. This is not because I don't have a router nearby, it's because there is no wireless. Usually, from what I've seen, there's a little icon at the bottom that tell if you connected or not, I don't see it. I can't find where to access that window that gives you a list of networks in range. I tried repairing the drivers a few times, but I still can't connect.

Can someone help me, or at least walk me through how to find more information on the problem?

Have you loaded the drivers from the bootcamp folder on your Leopard DVD.

As to looking for wireless there are severla places to look in control panel area, which version of Windows are you using?

Naajaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
I'm running Windows XP.
As for the loading those drivers, I thought that was done in the instillation, was it not?

And the "Wireless Network Connection" on that image, that's what I'm missing.
I do have something in that same folder in the control panel, though.
One second, let me check what it is...

EDIT:
It's a 1394 connection, which means nothing to me. When I right-click it, there's no 'list available wireless networks'.

So does that help at all?

andimaciphone

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
Hereford,UK
Sounds like XP isn't seeing your wireless card

To check this do the following:-
Click on start
Control Panel
System
Hardware(tab)
Device manager
then expand the network adapters section
You should see your wireless card and your lan card.
If there any yellow exclamation marks here you need to install the drivers from the Leopard DVD.

Hope this helps!:D

Naajaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
I just see 1394 Connection. Nothing else.

How can I get my Wireless card and LAN card in there?

Topoftiger

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2009
Problem with Bootcamp drivers on MacBook

I was having the same problems until I realized that was using the generic Mac OS X Leopard Install DVD. When I switched over to the Mac Install DVD that came with my Mac then the drivers got successfully installed when I ran Bootcamp.

Naajaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
That must be it! I was also using the Mac OS X leopard install disk, the one that you buy, rather than the one that came with the MAcbook.

Thanks a ton!
Now I have to find it somewhere...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.