Missing YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

What is going on with the iPhone since the 3.0 upgrade? Reduced WiFi reception and missing YouTube video. It really is sad that I can't find all my favorite YouTube videos with my iPhone, as I can on my computer.

WTF apple when are you going to address these issues?

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Some videos aren't available for the iPhone. They haven't been converted to H. 264 yet.
    Reduced WiFi, I have no clue. Try updating to the latest firmware, perhaps?

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Since when do YouTube videos need to be converted for the iPhone? But if this is true then how do they keep up with the influx of new videos that get put on YouTube everyday?

As far as my WiFi, I have the latest firmware. Since 3.0, my and many others, WiFi reception has be reduced. Some say Apple did this to save battery power but since Apple has not officially said anything we don't know for sure.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Your iPhone doesn't support Flash. All YouTube videos are encoded in Flash. Then, some are converted to H.264 so you can watch them on your iPod/iPhone/AppleTV.
    As for WiFi range, I never got any good results with my WiFi, starting from 1.1.1, so my expectations are pretty low. Perhaps Apple will activate the 802.11n chip in the iPod Touch to help with this.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Still missing YouTube video's from my subscriptions. When are they going to be converted for the iPhone and by who?