missingbite.com

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by naftalim, Jan 4, 2008.

1. naftalim macrumors 6502

Has anyone in Canada purchased goods from this company?

www.themissingbite.com

I ordered stuff from them on December 13th which is 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Their people tell me its been shipped and to be patient, but that they don't offer refunds or resend shipments till after 6 weeks

I can't see it taking that long to go from Virginia to Vancouver by US Post.

What bugs me is that this company is making no real effort to deal with this matter and after I bug them for a while, they tell me to be patient. I am close to the point of contacting Visa and advising them that this seems to be a fradulent transaction. Its $142.00 so I don't want to just walk away.

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I bought a couple of shirts from them a while ago and they were great.

I don't remember how long it took them to deliver though but I'm really impatient and don't remember it being long.

Cheers.

3. neoserver macrumors 6502

How much did you pay for the shipping?

If its regular post, I would say that 3 weeks isn't all that bad for international post. but once you've hit 5 or so, then yeah, you have a problem. Basic USPS -> Canada Post from the US Amazon.com to canada takes about 2-3 weeks. So I would say that it should be similar going the other way.

If they promised something quicker, then theres a problem somewhere.

4. naftalim thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it seems to be regular post, but why this long? Do they still have Pony Express? I'll wait a bit longer but I'm not crazy about that policy of wait till 6 weeks have passed and then the company will let me know if I get a refund or have to wait till they resend the shipment.

I'm surprised because the feedback on them seems to be good.

5. neoserver macrumors 6502

Well it does have to go through customs... Its no different if you send a parcel from the US to Canada or from Canada to the US. It just takes a while, all international Mail does.

If it really bothers you that much, phone them again, and make sure they understand your concerns, I'm sure someone from the company will be more than willing to try and help you out.

6. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

7. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I purchased an Apple jacket from them. Trust me, I ordered Dec 26 and It arrived on Jan 20th. It takes a while :(