Mission Accomplished

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by MultiMediaWill, Jul 6, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

When I leaked the jailbreak, my goal was to encourage Comex to hurry up and release the official jailbreak. Most people thought that my actions delayed the release of the jailbreak. Well, after one last email to comex, here is the official response.

[​IMG]

So there you go, mission accomplished. The leak actually sped up his release.

2. TheRealComex macrumors newbie

3. rnystery macrumors member

fake comex xD

4. undergroundHACK macrumors regular

I think your arrogant as h e l l saying that. The right thing would have been to contact comex and let him know of his vulnerability with the files and their location. You would have come out of this a much more respected person in the JB community. You REALLY are a doucher...

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

If it weren't for the internet, your ass would have been kicked by now.

6. pwny macrumors newbie

7. brockd macrumors member

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I think all of the posts above show how everyone feels... And there is no proof that it came out when it did because of the leak, but we do know that the leak created problem, and made things more difficult for them...

MuscleNerd
    the last few days have shown (behind the scenes) that leaks really do have consequences

9. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Dude, you are a pompous jerk for doing what you did and act the way that you did. While I am thrilled beyond belief to finally be jailbroken, you caused Comex a lot of grief and stress and did the same to a lot of us. I ended up acting like a jerk and whining to Comex because he didn't release it as soon as I wanted and I would never have done that if it weren't for you. You better be donating BIG time to Comex!

10. darkside flow macrumors 6502

LOL

Dude.. You just singlehandedly washed your apologies down the toilet.

You did nothing but cause trouble and stress for the devs.

11. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Always trying to rain on some ele's parade, man what an Ego you have.
    Just for the record it was never your mission!

12. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

The ends do not justify the means. Maybe when you get older you will realize that.

13. JeffLebowski41 macrumors regular

14. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

x1,000,000

15. bkushner macrumors regular

Why this website hasn't removed him is beyond me. Respect lost for MR from myself for this omission.

16. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I have been wondering the same thing for a few days now... :confused:

17. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

There's no way you're anything but a very lonely, unaccomplished little boy/girl offline.

18. sweteg macrumors member

^

19. DS3 macrumors 6502a

So you bumped the thread, and when noone cared you made a new thread instead?

I think its amusing that some people were saying once you apologized you were behaving well. I didn't care about leaking the jailbreak since I didnt think it would ultimately matter much (doesn't appear it will to the end user, though Comex probably didn't appreciate being forced into overtime) but you've been making some terrible terrible posts since.

20. waltercln macrumors regular

Who knows when this release would have happened if you hadn't leaked the beta. he brought it on himself with the constant teasing. Idc, anyway, I got my jailbreak.

21. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

What rules have I broken according to MR?

22. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

None, but MR does reserve the right to remove anyone who disrupts the quality of the user experience. And judging by your negative rating on every post and the fact that you intentionally cause grief for the person responsible for keeping the community going strong, I'd say there's a case for giving you the ol' heave ho.

Incidentally, if you really wanted a lot of attention, you could have just emailed MRs about your leaked jb experience and kept the actual files and JB method to yourself. You'd have made the front page of most iOS blogs like 9to5 and cultofmac.

Essentially, you didn't have to be malicious to reach your end goal of being noticed by strangers. Way to go. :p

23. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Like I have said before. I leaked it to encourage Comex to release it faster. That worked.