Mission accomplished?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LenMack, Jun 10, 2013.

1. LenMack macrumors newbie

Overall, I think apple did a pretty good job with updating ios-7. Most of the features and functions that apple fans have been waiting for have been added. Even though most have been available on other platforms for a while, apple did manage to give it that one of a kind "apple design" touch. So it wasn't outright mimicry of other OS's.
    While it they may have done enough to keep their enormous installed base of customers happy, if that was their mission, I think they accomplished it...
    ...On the other hand, other platforms can also tout similar, and in some cases more features.
    Did apple accomplish the goal of luring customers from Samsung, HTC, or even Windows?

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Windows = definatly. HTC = maybe. The HTC One not so much, but other HTC phones, i'd say 50% chance. Samsung = absolutely not. As the owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note II (but previously owning iPhone 5 for 4 months), i have been spoiled by Samsung. Dual screen multitasking, bigger 5.5 inch screen, home screen, the S-Pen. Maybe owners of the Galaxy S3, but with the Galaxy S3 getting Android 4.2.2 with Galaxy S4 features and so is my phone. Apple is 80% there to win me back. All they need is to give us some widgets, more mission control abilities, offline Siri, and a bigger screen.

3. LenMack thread starter macrumors newbie

I also have a note 2 and an I 5. If I had only 1 choice id go with the larger screen and added flex options of android. But I do like the I- upgrade. I think the change from 6 to 7 was bigger than from s3 to s4. Probably because it had been so long for apple.

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

You are right. Like you i still have my iPhone 5 (currently running IOS 7) and agree that IOS 6 to IOS 7 is bigger. The Galaxy S4 in my opinion has the "touch less" ability and camera. All features found on the galaxy S4 are already on the Galaxy Note II, with the exception of the Full HD display and 13MP camera and Android 4.2.2.

5. LenMack thread starter macrumors newbie

No matter what happens unless samsung screws it up I will get a note 3 and if apple ever ate enough crow to make a 5.5" screen and allow more flexibility without jailbreaking, I'd be all apple.