mission control animation broken?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stevemiller, Jul 20, 2011.

1. stevemiller macrumors 65832

so a curiosity:

i was just at the apple store and saw lion running on all their computers, so i was poking around on one of the machines, and i noticed the mission control animation was *awful*.

the wallpaper smoothly slides back, but all your open windows snap into application piles, so you have no visual reference to where things went like previous expose. plus it just looked terrible.

i thought maybe it was the computer, so i tried another, but every single one i tried seemed to behave the same way!

so i went home and just looked on youtube for feature demos, and mission control appeared to behave as one would expect, smoothly transitioning the windows into their exposé piles. likewise thats how it appears on apple's website too.

so did a last minute bug get introduced into the final release build, or did someone at the apple store somehow muck up all the machines? :p

2. macdudesir macrumors 6502

I would imagine that those computers being on all day with people touching them and changing things could cause that. I am running the final release and all is well for me...im on a quad core iMac by the way...

3. Payton macrumors regular

Payton

I did a straight upgrade to 10.7 and was having this exact problem.
    Late 2007 MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo @ 2.4ghz and 6GB ram)

So, I did a clean install and it fixed it.

But a few days later, it reverted to the non-animating, really clunky, snap-into-place. Very annoyed.

Hoping it's a permissions/prefs/really easy fix that comes with 10.7.1

4. stevemiller thread starter macrumors 65832

yeah i ended up installing, and it worked fine, although lion does get glitchy and require restarts on a somewhat regular basis (and here i'd thought the boot times would be the least real-world 'benefit' to my ssd, ha).

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I have Lion on a Mac Pro and see no problems with speed or animation everything is lightning fast. I was in a mac store today playing with the Macbook Air I'm buying and it was butter smooth! I opened every application they had on the computer and opened 10 safari tabs and it didn't even hiccup....and that was with the camera live in photobooth AND iMovie open and playing video the whole time.