Mission control changes?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by AppleFan91, Aug 25, 2016.

1. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Hey guys, please forgive me if this is a known issue or change, but has anyone else noticed that when going into exposé and switching between apps, I used to be able to just place the mouse over the app and hit the exposé button again and it would go to that app. Now I have to manually click on the app instead or it will just go back to the app I was on. Anyone experience this or no a way to change it back to the old way? Thanks again!

2. davidcmc macrumors 6502

I actually didn't know you could re-press the F3 button to select the window where the mouse is hovering. :D

Just tried it in 10.11.6. Nice feature.

I hope they don't change it in the final build of Sierra.

3. AppleFan91 thread starter macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Yeah haha, I use it as a fast way to multitask between Windows and it's a habit now lol. Its jarring that they changed it. Hopefully it's a bug but this far in the beta process, I'm getting concerned it isn't.

4. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

They rewrote the whole thing in Swift, so probably they didn't notice some behaviours of the previous version. In this case, it's always a good idea to send a bug report or a feedback.

5. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Plus: I'm almost certain that years ago, an early pre-release of Mac OS X allowed 'expanded previews' of windows whilst hovering over the underlying (invisible) positions of non-expanded previews. That's probably not a good written description, but the effect was intuitive and very pleasing.

The feature never made it to golden master and when I later asked Apple to retry the feature, no-one could recall the feature.

6. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

I thought the "under the hood" graphics changes were implemented in El Capitan?

7. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

There are always a lot of under the hood changes in every Mac OS release.

8. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

Hi, do you have any further info on this, developer docs etc?

9. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

It was in a WWDC 2016 session, I don't remember which one.