Mission control doesn't show Desktop 1 windows

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by BlueOcean, Jul 30, 2012.

1. BlueOcean macrumors member

I've been experiencing a strange phenomenon after upgrading my 2008 iMac from SL to ML a few days ago. It's the only thing I've noticed that's bugging me a bit.

When I switch to Mission Control, the preview thumb for Desktop 1 always shows as empty, regardless of the windows that are on it. Additional desktops work fine (as you can see, I have Mail open in the second desktop and it shows, but Firefox in the first one is invisible).

Anyone know why this is and if I can fix it? I don't have this problem on my Air so I can only suspect it's an artefact of the upgrade, but want to see if there's anything I can modify to fix it.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

I dont have a response to your question. But I was also wondering something about mission control. Does mission control display minimised windows that are in the dock???

3. BlueOcean thread starter macrumors member

Nope, at least not that I'm aware of.

4. BlueOcean thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I actually formatted my disk and did a full clean install of Mountain Lion today. It has gotten rid of a lot of junk and it feels snappier, but I still have the same issue with Mission Control.

Surely, someone else must be experiencing this too?

5. jdiogon macrumors newbie

Yes, I do.
    And this was already the case with Lion.

6. fridaygrrl macrumors newbie

Odd Behavior of Desktop 1 in Mission Control

New MBP 15 (not retina model). When in Mission Control, Desktop 1 has a portion of the upper right that shows the desktop picture, then the rest is the grey linen. This prevents me from adding more desktops (the + tab does not appear in the upper right). I am able to add desktops from the other screens. At some point I must have been able to add those screens, so not sure what happened. Screenshot:

Attached Files:

7. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I noticed some apps may prevent Mission Control from showing previews. I suspect Microsoft Office apps are also the culprits.

8. leethray macrumors newbie

leethray

Hi! Though it might be too late but I want to provide my answer.

I am using ML and I also couldn't see the thumbnails in desktop1 of my mission.
    I found it was caused by the fact that I once connect my macbook to an external display.
    And the desktop which will have its thumbnails disappeared is decided on which desktop
    you were on when you disconnected the external display.

So reconnect your macbook to an external display and set to mirroring screen mode and
    then disconnect might solve your problem.