Mission Control/Full Screen Mode Buggy

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by John Mang, Jul 26, 2011.

1. John Mang macrumors member

Well I posted a thread similar to this a while ago, but it's become considerably more annoying now, so I thought I had to post this, plus experiencing some problems with Full Screen as well.

Anyway first, with me having a Macbook Air 11, I have very limited vertical screen real estate. So I naturally opted to place my dock on the left, but what I have noticed is that Lion's Mission Control isn't really made for Dock's pinned to the Left or Right. It's suited for bottom pinned docks.

So then I started screwing around with my settings a bit, and I realized that if I reposition between bottom and left a few times (w/ auto hiding enabled), it becomes normal. However, I soon realized it's not a permanent solution. It's definitely bugged.

So below I have a few examples, actually quite a few.

First Mission Control with Left Pinned Dock - 2 apps:
    [​IMG]

Mission Control with Bottom Pinned Dock - 2 apps:
    [​IMG]

How's it's supposed to be:
    [​IMG]

It gets considerably worse with more apps, as shown below. (the more apps, the more they overlap):
    [​IMG]

As for my issue with Full Screen is that the app always go the end of the other spaces, instead of next to the adjacent space. It's quite irritating:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, are there any suggestions or are other people also experiencing this or is just me?

2. WSR macrumors regular

Actually I think when you put an app into fullscreen mode it should stay in the same space. According to what I read, if you have 2 monitors the second monitor is effectively useless since it goes blank. This is caused by fullscreen app creating its own space instead of just using the space they are in. Simply put SL handles fullscreen mode better for multiple monitors.

3. John Mang thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have to disagree, but that's the thing too. Some users will prefer it to be in the same space, some the opposite. Why not have an option? Also Full Screen, as of now, in most apps are like how you mentioned. Nonetheless, I do feel that there should be more customizable options, not only for things like this, but system wide. Everyone is happy. That's one thing I hate about Apples new philosophy- my way or no way.