Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liamsmith23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
So mission control was working fine until today. Anytime I go to my desktop, alls my computer will show is the grey background from the mission control background, my dock, as well as any windows i have on my desktop; instead of showing my desktop background.

Also, when I now use a three fingered upward swipe, my bottom right hot corner or the mission control link in my dock to go to mission control it no longer shows smaller versions of my windows above and only shows the windows on my desktop on its grey background with no smaller version of my desktop. If that makes sense.

Any ideas? It's really starting to bother me haha

JeSuisManu

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I have the same problem..

It started on desktop 2 and I thought idd delete that desktop but then the grey background went to my 1st desktop and became even more annoying!

Any ideas please?

So mission control was working fine until today. Anytime I go to my desktop, alls my computer will show is the grey background from the mission control background, my dock, as well as any windows i have on my desktop; instead of showing my desktop background.

Also, when I now use a three fingered upward swipe, my bottom right hot corner or the mission control link in my dock to go to mission control it no longer shows smaller versions of my windows above and only shows the windows on my desktop on its grey background with no smaller version of my desktop. If that makes sense.

Any ideas? It's really starting to bother me haha

JeSuisManu

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
Problem solved

I restarted my computer with the option "reopen windows when logging back in" switched of and the problem is solved!

timbos

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, logging off then on again fixed it for me. I let it reopen the windows that I had around though. I've had this happen a couple times, but not sure why yet - seemed to occur when I was switching between apps.

gandhimasterfly

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2011
same here peeps, same fix etc but still no idea what causes it. if you do a four finger swipe to goto another desktop (a blank one perhaps) and then bring up mission control you can see your programs then. except the ones that are on the "blank" desktop, it seems tho.

another bug for apple to fix eh??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.