Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoly19833

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a problem as the following:

Every time I reboot the Mac, the Mission Control loses its layout: only 1 desktop remaining and all the windows of applications are on that desktop.

It's MacBook Pro 2016 15" and OS X 10.12.3. I used the Time Machine to recover my personal files when I got the new MacBook Pro. I tried to open another brand new admin account without any personal files, and there is no such problem for that account. It proves that it's not hardware problem. I think some personal files somehow affects the system.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sounds like there could be some corruption in your User Account and/or you've got some software running that's not entirely compatible with Sierra. These are definitely two things that can occur with migrated systems/accounts.

neoly19833

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2015
Sounds like there could be some corruption in your User Account and/or you've got some software running that's not entirely compatible with Sierra. These are definitely two things that can occur with migrated systems/accounts.

Thanks for the reply!~

I tried to turn off all the auto start apps in Login items, but it didn't solve the problem.
I know that the process controlling Mission Control is "Dock". But I didn't figure out which files in
"~/Library" is related to the problem.

Any suggestions for diagnosis?Thx~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.