Mission Control on Lion is Messy..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mvksagar45, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mvksagar45 macrumors member

Hello All.. I just installed the LION in my 13' MBP and was so disappointed...My favorite feature of showing up all windows (opened ones and minimized ones) for a hot corner is gone....now i cant see any of the minimized windows in the new Mission Control...and also, even while showing the open windows, it is very very messy....I attached file..just see the way it shows for 2 firefox and 3 chrome open windows..cant even easily differentiate what is what.....are they any settings to set this right ? Please help...

Attached Files:

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Had it - restarted - problem solved. Funny how a simple restart can fix so many problems.

3. mvksagar45 thread starter macrumors member

Solved ? Means, can you see minimized windows in mission control ? And , if fine with you can you post an image of how it looks with mision control with 3 firefox and 2 chrome (or some other browser) windows open ? Thanks

4. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Lion is messy. OS X is fantastical, but lion is to OS X what vista was to windoze.

5. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Have you tried Expose'?

6. mmduluth macrumors regular

System Preferences > Trackpad> App Exposé

Maybe this is what you’re looking for?

7. mvksagar45 thread starter macrumors member

That one is not showing all the open windows..it is just showing the windows of the same type...

Okay here is what i used to have in SL..

Say, i have 2 finder windows, 2 chrome, 2 firefox, 1 vlc open...when i take my mouse pointer to a hot corner, it used to show me all my windows ( open and minimized ones, in a very clear way)...

Now, it just shows the open ones ( ignoring the minimized windows)..and the way it is showing is also messy....

Okay to het this exactly, open 2 chrome and 3 firefox windows and go mission control, you will see what exactly i am saying..and also, minimize a firefox window and try again....

The Expose you said, shows windows of same type

8. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

Enjoy your new OS!

(It changed, homie. maybe they'll add that as an update later)

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Apple removed all windows Expose' and minimized windows. You have to go into each application now to see all it's windows, maximized or minimized.

10. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

11. mmduluth macrumors regular

Ohh I see what your saying. The only way to do it now is to enable the 4 finger swipe down, but you can only see all your windows (minimized included) for just that app. Hopefully it’s something that will be fixed with an update later on.

12. mr. penguin macrumors newbie

My 2006 MB (Black) is doing the same thing, but my friends 2011 MBP is working just as shown on apple.com and on the keynote.

OP, what year is your MB? I was wondering if my graphics card couldn't handle Mission Control since it's a 2006. However, it has worked properly sometimes, but mostly it does what yours is.

Mine looks just like yours, but it's supposed to look like the image I attached (my friend's '11 MBP looks like that, along with the apple keynote and apple.com).

Attached Files:

13. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

The 4-finger swipedown that shows every open window is one of my most-used features... I'll be annoyed if they really took it away.

14. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Better touch tool to remap gestures to what they should be.

I don't know if they've updated it for 10.7, but if they haven't I'm sure they will in the upcoming days.

15. mvksagar45 thread starter macrumors member

I have a 2011 MBP...it shows same as on apple.com if you have like many windows open...but if you have say just 3 safari and 2 firefox..then it is very messy...and in some other cases too...

16. mvksagar45, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

mvksagar45 thread starter macrumors member

It is there..but it shows only for that particular type of aplication...

17. mr. penguin macrumors newbie

That makes me feel better; I will try that when I get home and seem if mine works like that.

18. mr. penguin macrumors newbie

I just opened 3 safari's, iTunes, iCal, and Mail, and my Mission Control still looks like the OP's and not the correct way as shown on apple.com and from their keynote.

Any suggestions or explanations? I have a 2006 13'' MB (Black).

Thanks

19. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Pictures or it didn't happen.

20. mr. penguin macrumors newbie

21. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

They have. I love it!

http://blog.boastr.net/

22. mmduluth macrumors regular

Oh yea. That’s definitely not right. It looks like it’s only showing the icon for iTunes and not for Safari like it should be and then separating them accordingly. Mine doesn’t do that.

23. boshii, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

24. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well thanks for the replies guys. I'm probably going to get one tomorrow and if I can, ask for one with SL still installed. Lion's great and all, but I love having Expose and hot corners; they really did speed up anything and everything I did.