Mission Control options, help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stuartrozier, Sep 5, 2014.

1. stuartrozier macrumors regular

Hello,

I've been searching web, mac rumours, trying to find the meanings for the options in mission control pref.

Might have something to do with that i don't know what a 'space' means ... does it mean monitor ?

1. show dashboard as a space
    2. automatically rearrange etc..
    3. when switching to an application etc..
    4. group windows by application
    5. displays have separate spaces

sorry to be really naive an dumb, but like to know the ins an outs of os x

thankyou

2. chown33 macrumors 604

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14155
    When projects pile up and your desktop becomes cluttered, you can use Spaces to organize your windows into groups.

When you’re working in a space, your desktop contains only the windows for the work you’re doing in that space. For example, you can have one space for work, and a second space for chatting.

You can learn more about Mission Control by searching for it on Apple's Support website. There's a search box at the upper right of the page I linked to. Enter mission control and make the search for support articles. One of the results will the Mac Basics article on Mission Control, along with many other articles.

You can also learn more using the builtin Help system. Open System Preferences and click the Mission Control pane. At the lower right should be a question mark ? in a circle. Click it. It will show Help about Mission Control. Be sure you have an internet connection first, because it will probably need to download some Help material from Apple.