Mission Control Problem - Many Desktops open on the top row, it doesn't stay in order

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by 88888888, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

I hate mission control, I want Spaces BACK!
    I am having major problems with mission control.
    Here is my problem: I will have maybe 5 desktops open along the top row of mission control, but then after a little bit the order of it changes. For example I would have itunes open in desktop 2, but then a few minutes and it would be switched to desktop 5 or something. It just completely messes up the order..and I forget which desktop is where.

Anyone else having this problem?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Kyahx macrumors newbie

Lion will automatically rearrange your spaces in Mission Control based on use (from most recently to least recent).

If this bothers you (which it sounds like it does) you can disable it in the Mission Control pane in the Settings.app

3. paulold macrumors 6502

OK - I have set it to not re-order the applications based on recent use. Now how do I rearrange the applications? Do I have to close them all and open them in the order I want them to appear or can I move them around like icons?

4. theobets macrumors newbie

5. mr meshuggah macrumors newbie

mr meshuggah

I also hate Mission Control and want Exposé back. So I've already sent two messages to their feedback department saying just how much I dislike it and what they should bring back.

6. goodbyepotato macrumors newbie

Yes, I also hated the auto-rearrange. For some reason I didn't do the obvious thing first. This:

1. Settings App
    2. Mission Control
    3. Uncheck the "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use" box
    4. Revel

Attached Files: