Mission Control response

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sonicrobby, Oct 12, 2013.

1. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Ive searched some threads, but I have not read anything similar to my issue. Ive just installed 10.9 on my 15" rMBP. Often I access mission control in 10.8 with the 3 finger swipe up, but without removing my fingers, I do a 3 finger swipe down to close mission control.

In mavericks, I can do the swipe up to open it, but the swipe down does nothing unless i take my fingers off and move them down from there. Is this a glitch? Or has this feature been removed from mavericks?

2. bwat47 macrumors regular

Same here, only works if I move fingers off the trackpad before swiping down. MBA 2013. I don't find it to be a big deal though, you barely have to move your fingers off the trackpad and you can still do it just as quickly...

It feels pretty natural to me to move my fingers off the trackpad as I swipe up anyway.

3. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

4. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

I never noticed as I think I always used to lift my fingers off the trackpad when deactivating it. Not a big deal

5. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

For you at least! :p

Ive never lifted my fingers, so doing it for over a year, its not what Im accustomed to on Mavericks

6. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

I noticed they did a lot of weird unnecessary stuff with the gestures in mavericks. When you do the give finger pinch for launchpad it looks weird because now launchpad and show desktop react differently. I do find the show desktop one entertaining though.

7. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I never noticed you have to remove your fingers from the trackpad until I read this thread. I guess I've always removed my fingers a little from the trackpad when exiting Mission Control :p

I see where you're coming from about it being weird, especially if you're used to leaving your fingers on the trackpad.

8. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

I was really hoping they would make the gesture work in the same way as Launchpad and show desktop.

9. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm kind of curious why they didn't. I also noticed that windows minimize more quickly... But not the other way around. Strange.