Mission Control slow after Cinema Display disconnect

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benjay, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Benjay macrumors member

Hi, I'm running a setup consisting of a late-2010 i7 15" MacBook Pro and a 27" Apple Cinema Display.

Ever since the upgrade to Lion, I've noticed that Mission Control is incredibly slow,buggy and barely usable on the Macbook Pro after being disconnected from the Cinema Display.

If I plug the Macbook Pro back in to the Cinema Display, or restart the MBP AFTER disconnection, everything works just fine. It's just as though it's trying to adapt to the smaller screen and failing terribly.

Has anyone else experienced this since the move to 10.7?

2. zync macrumors 68000

zync

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but did you ever figure out the cause?

I noticed that it's a lot more than Mission Control. Dashboard is affected severely to the point of being unusable. The same is true of full screen apps. And today, I realized that it lagged on h264 videos I was playing from my desktop. I have plenty of free space and an SSD (I can normally play uncompressed HD with no issues).

Plugging back into the display at the office fixed it. When I'm home I usually restart when it's noticeable. But I thought it only affected things like Dashboard and full screen apps.

Also, the problem persists with Mountain Lion. I didn't have this display back in the 10.7 days.