Mission control sluggish on i7 Macbook because of external display?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by KKramer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. KKramer macrumors member

KKramer

I have month old Macbook Pro i7, 8GB Ram.

Yet when I press mission control shortcut it takes 1-2 seconds to appear. And when presents itself the "zoom in" animation is all jerky, like 3 frames per second.

Anyone have same problem?
    Maybe this is because I am using external display and graphics card having hard time drawing on two screens?

2. karohan macrumors 6502

I don't have that much of a slowdown, but animations are definitely choppier with an external monitor.

3. iBunny macrumors 65816

Most people are having issues with Mission Control and/or GUI smoothness in General.

Turning off "Automatic Graphics Switching" and forcing the dedicated GPU on has solved most of my issues with "choppiness" but its still not as smooth as SL.

4. Kevenly macrumors regular

Kevenly

I'm using a Macbook Pro i7 2.8g, 8 gigs RAM and 512GB SSD from December 2010. Everything in Lion is choppy like it barely able to handle any of it. I have graphics switching off. I was hoping it was just because of all the Spotlight indexing that goes on after install but it has remained pathetic and non-smooth.

Perhaps they are going to screw people with anything but the latest machines with every OS update now like they do with iOS. iOS 4 ruined my iPod Touch 2G and they didn't allow me to downgrade back to iOS 3. Or maybe this is poor optimization and it will be corrected in an update.

5. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

6. KKramer thread starter macrumors member

KKramer

Do you have 1GB graphics card? I have 256 GB graphics and thought that may be a cause.