Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
This one's a long-term annoyance for me, I just wonder if someone has a solution.

I'm running the same applications (Chrome, Terminal, IntelliJ etc.) on multiple monitors each in their own spaces.

If I activate Mission Control and select a space on another monitor, the space appears full screen on the monitor but focus remains with the application in the previous monitor.

This gets annoying if you quickly switch to another space and automatically start typing without first also clicking in the new space.

I can't see any option to automatically focus on the new space in the System Prefs. Also Cmd-Tab doesn't work as I have the same application in multiple monitors, so it just gets confused.

Any advice gratefully received!

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Apple has gone backward in this regard, haven't they?! First, they kill the usefulness of Spaces, then start making what's left completely useless.

Have you tried using one of the 3rd party apps? I used to use TotalSpaces and it was very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.