iPad Mission - iPad Mini Retina on iOS 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by E2EK1EL, Oct 26, 2014.

1. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Went on a mission today to find a iPad Mini Retina on iOS 7, thank GOD for the German Serial Number database check up.

The Apple Store in Markham Canada only had ones manufactured last month, The Walmart in the same mall had some 1 or 2 older devices sitting in the back room.

Thanks everyone for posting that site years ago, a lifesaver indeed.

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

PS:

The Speedtest app is showing 20 Mbps more than the normal readings, pretty good chuckle for me :)

Attached Files:

2. marcosscriven macrumors regular

I'm not really clear why you'd want to stick to an old iOS with the Retina - it has an A7 and 1GB mem, so perfectly able to run it.

3. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

Negative, if the iPad Mini Retina stuttered on iOS 7, even when "Increase Contrast" is turned on, in iOS 8 it's a lot worse and you can see a a lot of ppl complaining about it here and on Apple's Support Forums.

Easiest way to reproduce this, in the AppStore rotating landscape and portrait you will see it nice and clear.

The iPad Air suffered more stutterness on iOS 7, it's a total write off on iOS 8.

The A7 w/ 1GB configuration only ran smoothly on the IP5s on iOS 7, the larger the screen the more bandwidth used and more resources were used up.

4. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

I'm using an iPad mini w/retina on iOS 8.1 and there are no problems.... The stutterness you came has got to be very picky, lol.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I just bought a refurb Mini 2. It ran great under IOS 7.1.2 and continues to run great under IOS 8.1. I'm glad I decided to upgrade.