Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Mission Repair: $89 for 2 years of full coverage including accidental physical damage and no deductible

SquareTrade is $99 for 2 years with $50 deductible for comparable coverage.

AppleCare is $69 for 2 years but no physical damage coverage.

Mission repaid seems like a no-brainer. What's the catch?

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
The catch is, with Mission Repair, you also get to have the once-in-a-lifetime chance of supporting a Nigerian princess while being covered.

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
The catch is, with Mission Repair, you also get to have the once-in-a-lifetime chance of supporting a Nigerian princess while being covered.

Interested in your sources for that. Really trying to make decision on a protection plan. Where you dabbling in hyperbole or are they truly scammers?

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Well Mission Repair seemed like a good option until I read that you need to have thier crap screen protector on at the time of accident in order to be eligible for a claim.

Note: One of our Screen Protectors must be on the device at the time of damage to be eligible for benefits under the program. See our installation video to learn about this dynamic product!

Also I don't see anything about coverage in the case of theft or loss, so no go for me.

RuggedPro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Well Mission Repair seemed like a good option until I read that you need to have thier crap screen protector on at the time of accident in order to be eligible for a claim.

Also I don't see anything about coverage in the case of theft or loss, so no go for me.

Good spot. Missed that bit of fine print.

crazytiger86

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
WorthAveGroup.com
Nothing but great service from them. If something happens to your iphone, bring it in to an apple store, pay the 199 replacement fee and send WorthAve the bill. They take 50 dollars out for your deductible and they pay the rest of it.

It says it takes 4-5 weeks to get your check...but I've handled 2 claims through them and it has never taken anymore than 1 business week (5 days). I insure nearly everything ive got with them.

Theft and loss are covered but you need police reports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.