Mission Repair/Squaretrade/applecare compared

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RuggedPro, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RuggedPro macrumors regular

Mission Repair: $89 for 2 years of full coverage including accidental physical damage and no deductible

SquareTrade is $99 for 2 years with $50 deductible for comparable coverage.

AppleCare is $69 for 2 years but no physical damage coverage.

Mission repaid seems like a no-brainer. What's the catch?

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

The catch is, with Mission Repair, you also get to have the once-in-a-lifetime chance of supporting a Nigerian princess while being covered.

3. RuggedPro thread starter macrumors regular

Interested in your sources for that. Really trying to make decision on a protection plan. Where you dabbling in hyperbole or are they truly scammers?

4. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Well Mission Repair seemed like a good option until I read that you need to have thier crap screen protector on at the time of accident in order to be eligible for a claim.

Also I don't see anything about coverage in the case of theft or loss, so no go for me.

5. RuggedPro thread starter macrumors regular

Good spot. Missed that bit of fine print.

6. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

WorthAveGroup.com
    Nothing but great service from them. If something happens to your iphone, bring it in to an apple store, pay the 199 replacement fee and send WorthAve the bill. They take 50 dollars out for your deductible and they pay the rest of it.

It says it takes 4-5 weeks to get your check...but I've handled 2 claims through them and it has never taken anymore than 1 business week (5 days). I insure nearly everything ive got with them.

Theft and loss are covered but you need police reports.