Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BettBee

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
http://store.apple.com/us_edu_100906/product/G0GHCLL/A?mco=MTA4NDA5MjY#overview

Refurbished MacBook Pro 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
4GB memory
320GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
SD Card Slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
Illuminated keyboard

$2,169.00

Ships: 3-5 business days
Free Shipping

Overview
Apple Certified Refurbished Products

- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited

Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.

Product Details

Enclosure Precision aluminum unibody
Processor 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
L2 Cache 6MB shared
System bus 1066MHz
Memory 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB
Hard drive1 320GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm
Slot-loading optical drive 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor; and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
Graphics Memory 512MB GDDR3
Video Built-in iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Display 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
Expansion One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), SD card slot
Audio Built-in stereo speakers, built-in omnidirectional microphone, combined optical digital input/analog line in, combined optical digital output/analog line out
Networking Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet
Wireless Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification)3 ; built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
Hardware accessories 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord
Height 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
Width 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
Depth 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
Weight 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)4

More...

Precision aluminum unibody enclosure.

Carved from a single block of aluminum, MacBook Pro is slim, light, and durable enough to take anywhere.
Breakthrough battery performance.

Every new 15-inch MacBook Pro features an advanced built-in battery that lasts up to 7 hours on a single charge.5
The world's greenest lineup of notebooks.

Highly recyclable and energy efficient, the new MacBook Pro is designed with the environment in mind.

Need Assistance?
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products5. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.

1. 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
3. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
4. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
5. For the 15-inch MacBook Pro: Testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based MacBook Pro units with a Better Battery Life setting. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See http://www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.
6. Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.

I took a screen shot.

Attachments

• MBP 3.06 mistake?.jpg
    MBP 3.06 mistake?.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 194

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I don't really follow either...certainly no need to post all of that technical data on a mac site beyond the processor/ram/hd/screen finish? we here on a mac site know all that other stuff...?

IMO i cant see dropping 2200 bucks on a machine thats been opened up, and yes i know how great apple refurbs are and how they have the same warranty but i personally could never fathom dropping that kind of money on a laptop that isnt brand new...i know i go against the grain here.

BettBee

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
I dont follow...:confused:

The fastest MacBook Pro I can find for sale on the Apple site is 2.8GHz. So either I'm missing something, or Apple made a mistake in the listing, or some kind of prototype or version of a newer faster MBP has made it into the refurb shop.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
The fastest MacBook Pro I can find for sale on the Apple site is 2.8GHz. So either I'm missing something, or Apple made a mistake in the listing, or some kind of prototype or version of a newer faster MBP has made it into the refurb shop.

2.8 isn't, and hasn't been, the top model since March 2009. 3.06 is the CTO option on the 2.8 model.

lol nice edit caspian ;)

neondrgns

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
nothing new here...you can order a 3 ghz processor equipped 15" new as a BTO...I don't see any other stats that are different

sgtCaspian

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
early escapee, why, because it's a 3.06 machine?

theyve been selling 3.06 MBPs since June, almost a year now...

I guess you wouldn't know that unless you've actually been to the customization screen. That's the kind of thing you'll want to check before posting speculation though. ;)

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
True enough--I know because I've been rocking a 2.8 since November 2008, which was the CTO option then ;)

(As an aside it's pretty lame that the CTO 1.5 years ago is STILL the high end standard configuration, having only slipped one slot in the lineup...come on Apple)

sgtCaspian

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not to worry...

I'm hoping for a nice "one more thing" announcement at the end of this thing on Thursday. Core iX notebooks for everyone(soon)!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
This is a good computer; just ordered one myself albeit, I bought a new machine.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California

I have a 3.06
I've had it for the last 4 months

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.