Mistimed: Series 2 should have come in June!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by akadmon, Sep 14, 2016.

1. akadmon macrumors 68020

For me the biggest new feature in Series 2 is (by far) waterproofing. If Series 2 came out at the start of our Northern Hemisphere Summer (i.e., close to the first anniversary of the Series 1 launch), I'd have happily upgraded. But this late in the season (I'll be closing my pool in a couple of weeks or so), there is no reason for me to buy a Series 2 watch until May 2017, and by then I may be looking at other options (Polar, Fitbit, Garmin), or at best (for Apple) holding off until 2017-18 for Series 3 (that's $400 they could have used toward buying Tesla, money that now they will have to borrow from China!)

Bottom (or so) line: Apple should fire the guy that thought the next Watch launch ought to coincide with the next iPhone launch! Yeah, the timing worked out for people in AUS/NZ/RSA/ARG, but for every one of them folks there is at least 50 of melikes in USA and ROW.

2. locksmack macrumors member

There are more features than just water resistance you know?

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68020

I get most of the new features with Watch OS3, except for GPS. But then I'm never without my phone, so GPS on the watch is redundant (for me).

4. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

Its for people that calls when they shower.

I'll wait too.

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Most people who swim regularly use public/gym swimming pools which are open all year round.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The original :apple:Watch fell behind schedule and was late. This is putting it back on the holiday cycle schedule. That is BY far the most lucrative release schedule to be on.