Mixed 30" ACD and 2008 MacPro Power Cords

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GoCubsGo, Sep 29, 2010.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have a 2008 MP and in a rush to pack I pulled my cord out of my MacPro and just as I did that I realized I had already unplugged my 30" ACD. The cords have been mixed up.

They're the same really with the exception of one cord has a gray plug that goes into either the MP or the ACD. On that cord is a white label that reads: 13A 125V~ whereas the other says nothing and is 100% while throughout. I want to think the gray one goes to the ACD but I cannot be certain and I'm afraid to blind test them.

Any ideas?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The grey one for the MP. Rated at 13A, that's 1430 watts of juice. From memory, the G5 PowerMacs had grey soft power cords, too. :)

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If they are roughly the same diameter, they are likely the same gauge wire, and will both work the same. Your computer will use more power than the monitor, and definitely can't pull the rated current on the one that is printed, so I'd use that for the MP and the white for the ACD

4. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok so gray to MP. I'm going for it ... look for my next thread titled OMGHELPEMERGENCYWTFBBQ!!! MP FIRE!!!!111one!!1

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Pics or it didn't happen
    Prefer video

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've switched them before. It doesn't really matter.

7. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I read the back of the MP it says 100-240 V 12 - 5 A... not sure what it really means totally.