Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleuser1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Hi!

Since wednesday i installed a Obtical Bay for my iMac. I installed OS X on a OCZ SSD and i put i home folder on the harddrive. Now it so that I have trouble I can not use the DVD player that comes with OS X. I can only notice that reads:
A valid DVD drive could not be found. (-70012) then i get a other message that says:
DVD player quit unexpectedly.
Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I have an external reader which I have tried to play a dvdfilm on VLC but it just lags here is your picture on it:

http://img811.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20101218at815.png/

I also have one. dvdmedia file from a video from a DVD which I got with the program Rip it that I got last summer. It can be played back on OS X's dvd player software.

Someone who can help me? I will be truly happy. You would make my weekend. Thank you in advance. :)

Drewbie

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
what does system profiler say under SATA? does the drive show up there?

if it does show up there then i would say you have a kernal issue and you might need to do an A&I

if it doesnt show up in system profiler then do an SMC reset and check again. if you still dont see it there then reopen the computer and check the connections

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.