Miyazaki

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by tipman2000, Dec 29, 2011.

1. tipman2000 macrumors member

tipman2000

Aren't his films just great??? i recently rediscovered how amazing they are. it makes most other animation look like crap and really shows how much emotion can be put into hand drawn graphics. i love how epic his movies are and how exquisitely designed the architecture on the vehicles is!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I watched My Neighbour Totoro when I was around 8 years old and was blown away by it. I had Disney films by the bucket load but watching that showed me another avenue of beautiful, subtle and intelligent style of cartoon. Asked my dad to tape the final airing. He missed it. Thought I'd never see it again.

Then it turned out it was mega popular! Got the DVD now, and a whole load of other Ghibli stuff. Love them. I didn't want Spirited Away to end, Grave of the Fireflies made me cry like a baby, Mononoke is just epic.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you get a chance, see if you can get some of the Studio Ghibli art books. They had them on Amazon a while back, and I got them for hubby for his birthday. They're absolutely gorgeous, and you get to see some of the original sketches, as well.