Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanleystf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
I have 3 MKV files that have a bit of overlap. I need to join them without encoding/converting. I tried cutting and joining the videos with these three apps: Shutter encoder, MKVToolnix, Lossless Cut. However, there's a twitch in the place where videos are joined.

Is there an app that has a video timeline and would allow me to cut and merge MKV files precisely, seamlessly, and without any conversion or encoding?

stanleystf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
You could try Davinci Resolve, it will do what you want as it shows the timeline, has lots of other features & is free.
Would I be able to edit and export MKV videos on it without converting the video?

stanleystf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
Yes you can
How can I do that?

2.png

3.png

Quick Export changes the format and resolution.

Dfds

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2020
Look for the deliver icon on the bottom toolbar, from there check settings, click on add to deliver queue then click on render all in the right hand pane

Reactions: stanleystf

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I have never gotten MKV files to work in DaVinci Resolve. Unless they recently came out with an update supporting them, I have never gotten them to play or export correctly, if at all.

AlumaMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2018
Look for the deliver icon on the bottom toolbar, from there check settings, click on add to deliver queue then click on render all in the right hand pane

Doesn't that re-encode though?

stanleystf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
I have to manually choose things and still it changes the video.

2.png

Doesn't it have the option to use everything from the original video and not make any changes at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.