.MKV to .MP4 headache...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ericksgotmac, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ericksgotmac macrumors regular

For the past two days I've been trying to convert these movies I have both in 720p and 1080p into a playable format in iTunes. I've read a bunch of the posts here on Macrumors.com but none have worked for me. All I really need help on is turning a .MKV into a .MP4 with no quality loss BUT fully playable in iTunes. File size is no problem and neither is conversion time as long as it gets the job done. I tried using MKVmerge to mux the audio and video apart from The Incredible Hulk (1080p) and it worked nearly perfectly. I managed to turn the .mka video into .mp4 with no quality loss (VisualHub). Now the problem...I have absolutely no clue how to turn the .mka audio into playable audio in iTunes. I used iSkysoft Video Converter to change it into .aac and then muxed it together and got a blank file. I added.mp4 to the end of the name and it plays fine in VLC or Quicktime BUT not iTunes!! I'm at a loss =\ (no pun intended). Is there anyway to take my .mkv file and turn it into a playable .mp4 file without all this hassle and time wasting? (7-10hrs convert .mkv to .mp4 then after mux together with audio another 7-10hrs but still unplayable in iTunes)

2. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind that I figured out a way to fix my converting problem. Does anyone know how to reapply the video information to a mux file?...it just appears blank?

3. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError