MKV With 2 Audio Languages, How Do I Pick Which One With Visualhub?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by soquickwitit, Mar 21, 2009.

1. soquickwitit macrumors member

Maybe i'm stupid, or just overlooking it, but i have an MKV file with both german and english on it, but everytime i convert, it picks the german? please help. Thx

2. soquickwitit thread starter macrumors member

how are 33+ people looking at this with no reply? especially when the question is in the topic. Ridiculous

3. NJuul macrumors 6502

Because you said "Visual Hub", and we're interested in knowing if its possible.
    Use handbrake, and just select the audio stream(s) you are interested in.

4. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

Well my response probably isn't the one you wanted, but I just checked a known 2 channel file (albeit both are English, but scenario is the same), and couldn't see any way of selecting a specific audio steam. The Info window shows 2 channels, but no way of selecting one or the other.

... since VisualHub is a dead project, I don't see a way that this will be fixed.

Sorry... I told you this probably wasn't the answer you wanted. ;)

Why not try Handbrake 0.9.3? I know you can select audio tracks in it. (Edit: as NJuul just said... damn, not fast enough!) :)

HTH

5. soquickwitit thread starter macrumors member

How do i use handbrake to open a .mkv file? it says no valid source found? thx

6. Samuelllll macrumors newbie

Quick time pro

You can pick which audio channel you want, pass through the video quality so you just convert the audio.. which means converting a 4GB MKV file to M4V only takes 20 minutes tops :)