Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
So, I downloaded MKV2M4V from the App Store and I guess it does exactly what I wanted to do. Now I can covert my MKVs to M4Vs quickly by changing the containers and not having to spend a lot of time recoding anything through HandBrake. Everything streams just fine to my AppleTV. Using AirMedia, everything streams just fine to my iPad and iPhones. He only problem I have is the when I try to play these videos on my laptop, the audio is messed up. All I hear are clicks and buzzes. Any advice? Thanks.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
So, I downloaded MKV2M4V from the App Store and I guess it does exactly what I wanted to do. Now I can covert my MKVs to M4Vs quickly by changing the containers and not having to spend a lot of time recoding anything through HandBrake. Everything streams just fine to my AppleTV. Using AirMedia, everything streams just fine to my iPad and iPhones. He only problem I have is the when I try to play these videos on my laptop, the audio is messed up. All I hear are clicks and buzzes. Any advice? Thanks.

What are you using to play the video? Tried using VLC?

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002

Is the default audio channel Dolby Digital (AC3)? Use something like Subler to set the default channel.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Through iTunes, the audio is messed up. But if I dig for the file and play it through VLC, everything sounds fine. Anything I can do so it sounds fine on iTunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.