ML 10.8.1 release battery life

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by JoeRito, Sep 6, 2012.

1. JoeRito macrumors 6502

JoeRito

Have folks found that the dot 1 release of Mountain Lion has NOT fixed the diminished battery life issue? Personally, it seems my battery life is still down from about 7 hours to 4.5 hours since the ML upgrade (early 2011 MBP, all the bells and whistles). Other than battery life, I admit that I love ML and have had no other issues.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. 50548 Guest

My criticism to such an advice stands, GGJ; it is more than clear that many people's battery life has decreased under exactly the same usage circumstances from 10.6/7 to 10.8 - no best practices will resolve this; only Apple can fix the bug.

To the OP: Have you performed a SMC reset already?

4. JoeRito thread starter macrumors 6502

JoeRito

I appreciate the comments.... forgive my ignorance, but what is a SMC reset?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Resetting the SMC can solve some power/charging issues, as mentioned in the CHARGING section of the Battery FAQ I posted.

6. JoeRito thread starter macrumors 6502

JoeRito

7. infobleep macrumors regular

Thank you for this posting. I will try this out because I am having problems which may just be the battery being old or may be this problem.

I only came on here to post some positive comments on Mountain Lion, which I'll do in another thread.