ML and Late 2006 White iMac 24"

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Ismelito, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Ismelito macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I know that ML is not officialy compatible with Mountain Lion. However, since there are people who have managed to make it work in old MacBook's, MacPro's and so, I was just wondering if anyone has done the same with the "old" white iMacs with Nvidia 7300GT/7600GT.

It is a shame that we can't enjoy all the new features of this update and I will be very happy if I could get it to work and make my iMac feel new again (despite the graphic failures that I'm experiencing because of the faulty graphic card).

2. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

+1 - If people can get the GMA950 working in ML, how can we get the superior 7300GT working - I assume we just need a 64-bit kext for the GPU (easier said than done, I bet :) ).

3. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Subscribed.

I would love to know this as well. I have a late 2006 Imac with Lion running awesomely. Would love to get some ML love as well. :D

4. Desjek-T macrumors newbie

5. Playgear macrumors regular

Agreed, this would be great! If I could just make it to Mountain Lion and stop there on my iMac, I would be happy.
    Have noticed that a lot of Lion's issues are fixed in Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro, and would really like to wrap them up on my iMac if at all possible :)