ML Bootcamp on early '09 imac for 64 bit Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MaskedCarrot, Aug 11, 2012.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

First off I'm not sure if ML comes with boot camp 4 or 5, but I guess the same question applies.

I have an early '09 iMac that was running 32 bit windows 7 and snow leopard. I completely formatted the drive and want to start over with ML and 64 bit windows.

Before I formatted, I installed 64 bit windows just fine, but when I went to install the boot camp drivers from the SL DVD it says 64 bit is not supported on my Mac. I did the trick of running the MSI file under compatibility mode and selected previous windows version and I was able to install the 64 bit drivers.

So now I want to put ML on, but after I go through all of that and reinstall win 7 64 bit, I want to know if I can use the same trick to install the latest 64 but drivers cause I know the boot camp which comes with ml is gunna give me the same not compatible error.

Win 7 64 bit works just fine on my older iMac with vr.3.2 of the boot camp drivers, but I just want to make sure the version that comes with ML will also before I shell out $20 for it.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You can just use the Snow Leopard drivers again if you want.

It's interesting that I didn't have that error on my '09 MBP installing SL (10.6.0) bootcamp drivers on w7 x64.

3. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular

Sure I could do that, but the point is that I want to be using the latest version of the boot camp drivers.

Also does anyone have a download link to download the full version if the latest boot camp drivers? When you look on apples website they only have the updates, but not the full installs of boot camp.

4. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular