Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
Hi guys I have taken my SSD out of my MacBook Pro Early 2011 to use elsewhere and replaced it with the original 320gb Hdd that I'd been using often as an external so pretty sure it's working fine. Internet Recovery goes right up to the end of the progress bar after a few hours then it just randomly goes back to the selection screen (the one were you select to install Osx, restore from time machine etc). Any ideas? I even tried downloading the installer from the Mac App Store to install from USB but it is doing the same thing. Really at a loss here! Ps it boots up fine if I put the SSD in an external caddy and boot from that.

Thanks

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
So after a lot of Googling I see some people had success reinstalling the MacBook Pro's original RAM sticks (I'm running 1600mhz 2x4GB Corsair rather than the default 1333mhz 2x2GB Hynix). I'll have to get these back from my Mother as I popped these into her laptop for a slight upgrade from the 3gb she was running - luckily I saved the RAM from that so I can just do a swap out.

I'll let you guys know if that is indeed the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.