Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gonza211

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Having lag while changing desktops, just a bit. Also when scrolling on Mac App Store and on several applications such as big html mails and several pages with many images. Anyone experiencing this also?

Skoopman

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
The first issue can be resolved by auto hiding the dock. I hope they fix it soon, it's annoying as hell. I work with multiple desktops and it drives me nuts. I don't like to auto hide my dock.

Gonza211

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
The first issue can be resolved by auto hiding the dock. I hope they fix it soon, it's annoying as hell. I work with multiple desktops and it drives me nuts. I don't like to auto hide my dock.

Exactly, it seems to work that way. I hate hiding the dock also.

Red Wolf

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Netherlands
There must be some issues with the graphic drivers... I did a clean install which solved some extreme lag problems, but I still have some lag when I have photoshop or chrome open.. very anoying indeed. Didnt have lag with Lion. I expect an update within a couple weeks with the fixes.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Same here.....I started this topic on it about my Mac Pro:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1411082/

I still get the stuttering even when I hide the dock.

What's interesting is.....switching desktops via the keyboard (ie. Control + Desktop number)....is pretty smooth.

It's when I use CMD+TAB or click on an app icon that the switching is stuttery.

-----

I also notice on mine stuttering when I go to do a selection screenshot:

CMD + Control + Shift + 4

The crosshairs that popup with the coordinates are stutterey as I move the mouse.

Someone posted this to fix the crosshairs:
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15348217/

Hoping it's just graphic drivers issues since I have the best video card Apple offers.

-Kevin

Gonza211

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
There must be some issues with the graphic drivers... I did a clean install which solved some extreme lag problems, but I still have some lag when I have photoshop or chrome open.. very anoying indeed. Didnt have lag with Lion. I expect an update within a couple weeks with the fixes.

In my experience I didn't have any lag with Lion. But yes, after making the upgrade what I noticed was a huge lag (huge in terms of Mac OS X) while using Mission Control and of course while changing desktops. Erased disk and made a fresh install and the Mission Control issues were solved but switching between desktops is still laggy. Really hope there will be a fix soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.