Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexDedalus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi,

I have installed Mountain Lion as a testing partition on a MBP - since I don't want to dedicate a full machine to it - it works remarkably smoothly for a DP1 (much better than Lion last year where you had trouble with with Dropbox & so on...) except for a few glitches here and there...but I can't figure how to re-install my apps for the MAS on the ML partition :(

Things is the MAS identify them as already installed - because well they're already on this MBP in my Lion partition - and when I try to launch the MAS while holding "alt" (just like you do when you want to re-download the .dmg of Lion) nothing happen...the app won't re-install :(

Any ideas of to fix this ? Or is it simply not possible to install MAS apps 2x on the same Mac via dual boot ?

Thanks.

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
3 Choices

You can either open the applications from the original /Applications folder on the first partition when you need them, copy the .app files from the old /Applications folder into the new one or make a set of Alias' and move them over to the new /Applications folder to save disk space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.