ML says:

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zai-huei, Jul 21, 2012.

1. zai-huei macrumors member

The OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date upgrade will be available at no additional charge from the Mac App Store to all customers who purchase a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorised Reseller on or after 11 June 2012.

Customers must request their Up-to-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchasing their Mac computer. Customers who purchase a qualifying Mac between 11 June 2012 and the date when Mountain Lion is available in the Mac App Store will have 30 days from the OS X Mountain Lion release date to make a request.

When Mountain Lion becomes available in July, come back to this page for details on how to request your copy of Mountain Lion.

Sooooo???
    Should the iMac come out today, or 24? :D

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

3. deconstruct60 macrumors 604

Largely irrelevant. It is extremely likely at this point that a new iMac will only run Mountain Lion (without restoring to some hacks to boot an older OS version). Therefore, the "Up to Date" program is not applicable. There won't be a iMac 2012 running Lion that "needs to" update to Mountain Lion.

4. ivnj macrumors 65816

There is if you buy it today before the mountains start filling up with lions. :D

5. zai-huei thread starter macrumors member

Well, I really hope (as many others) that the iMac 2012 will come the same time as ML! :D

6. deconstruct60 macrumors 604

If you buy it today then you are buying a 2011 iMac. All Macs sold as of about a month ago can get Mountain Lion. Whether they are 2010 or 2011 or 2012 models. It is a matter of buying "new" from Apple/Retailers after Apple announced a target date range for Mountain Lion.

----------

There are several support ( releasing widely different products which will flood support queues in different ways ) and manufacturing logistics issues ( lack of a golden master for the new iMacs until relatively recently ) that motivate which it is a bad idea to do that on the same day.

Within a week or two would be more reasonable expectations.

7. iSayuSay macrumors 68040

iSayuSay

Totally incoherent post.

A:
    Costumers who bought Mac computer after 2012 WWDC eligible for Up-To-Date program so you can get your free copy of OSX 8 on your machine. --> TRUE

B:
    You hope 2012 iMac revision come along with ML release. --> OKAY, some people had been waiting for months.

C:
    Should the iMac come out today, or 24? --> No one knows, no news/rumors whatsoever.

A+B+C in one post = Totally no connection, so I don't know what you mean?

8. zai-huei thread starter macrumors member

wow, chill man?

I've been waiting since Jan. (this year)
    And what do you mean with, you don't know the what I mean? o_O
    I do not know how difficult the question is? o_O

9. iSayuSay macrumors 68040

iSayuSay

ML Up-To-Date program does not imply to new Mac refresh. You can grab a new Mac (be it the new rMBP or old iMac, MacPro, MacMini) today and still get free upgrade to ML later.
    That statement alone does not equate a new hardware will come along.
    Apple could just not update the iMac and you'd still be eligible for Up-To-Date.

And if new iMac indeed released with OSX 8, you wouldn't need UpToDate anyway since all the new machine will be packaged with ML installed. So what's the point?
    You know UpToDate is available for older machine bought after June 2012 and still came with OSX 7 for a limited time.

That's why I thought your post was a bit ... strange.