ML startup animation disappears! Anyone has the same issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crisis, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Crisis macrumors member

I bought a rMBP last month with Lion. Every time the computer startup (not wake up from sleep), there is an animation that, at first, you know, the Apple logo is in the center while the background is gray, then, before the login screen, it slowly moves up and the background turns deeper and textured, and my account name and picture appears in the center.
    However, this animation disappears after I installed ML. It was a clean install that I wipe the Macintosh HD partition. Is there anybody having the same issue? The animation itself is not a big deal but I really miss it...

2. playsontheleft macrumors regular

I've noticed this too. I've set my Mac to automatic login right now and rather than the zooming into the Desktop that I got on Lion, I get a rather jerky white screen, then black, then white again, then flashing into the Desktop. It's not at all a problem but it's a fair way short of sleek.

Not that it matters at all, though. This is just one of my very minor nitpicks that don't effect the computer's performance whatsoever.