.ml20 webcam files?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by phill1234, Jul 22, 2007.

1. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here it goes...
    I have some .ml20 webcam recording files and i don't know how to export them into any kind of viewable file (.mov, .avi etc.) I searched online but didn't find anything that would work with mac.

thanks.

2. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

There's an app called Mercury (google Mercury OSX). It's an MSN app for OSX that supports video and also records incoming video per default. It can read and encode ml20 files. Here's how:

Launch Mercury, Log in to MSN, start a chat with someone. With the chat window in focus, there should be an "Actions" entry in the toolbar. Klick it and select "webcam". There you will find an option to view and save ml20 files. Note that when saving one, you have to add ".mov" at the end of your filename. The application is java based and pretty bad overall, but it's the only one I know to do the job.

Shoot me a personal message if that solved your problem or if you need further help.

3. mghoops11 macrumors newbie

.ml20 file

So i had a .ml20 file that i wanted to open in quicktime, so i changed the extension to .mpg, but it won't open.

But now i know how to open the .ml20 files, but the file i changed doesn't open in mercury anymore either. Any way that I could get the file back to a .ml20??

4. maccomputer macrumors newbie

Play back speed

Hello...

I was able to convert the format to .mov..however...now when the video plays it is too fast. How do I slow the video speed down to a normal playing speed?

5. kane230 macrumors newbie

yeah i'm having the same problem. it used to work fine now all of a sudden a 30minute clip plays in about 2seconds...plz help