MLB 11' Is Out For iPhone And iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jalpert, Feb 24, 2011.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hey yeah, it's been up since like 6am EST.

I guess thanks for the hours late heads up!;)

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Is this just for spring training? Seems pricey and doesn't even tell which games will be streamed.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's not just for Spring Training, but for the regular season and playoffs too.

This is by far my favorite sports app. Well worth the $15 IMO.

4. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

The app is good for the whole season and all the Spring Training games will be streamed. Once the regular season starts, you need MLBTV to stream the games. But it does offer 1 free streaming game a day, but it never tells you which game it is.

Also be sure you understand the blackout restrictions if you purchase MLBTV. A lot of people get upset when they realize they can't stream local games due to blackout.

5. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Agreed. I bought it last year it it was by far my most used & loved app. Never regretted a penny of it. I just really really wish MLB would release a universal app for iPhone & iPad. It's crap you have to pay for both. And yes...I did pay for both. lol.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Completely agree 100% I only purchase the iPhone app because my phone is on me at all times. My iPad isn't always with me for obvious reasons. But it would be nice if they created a universal app that worked between the iPhone and iPad. I'd pay around $20 for it work on both devices.

7. jcb10 macrumors regular

Requires iOS 4

Ugh. Bought it without realizing it needs iOS 4 or above. My 3G is still happily on 3.1.3. :-(

Hope they give it backwards compatibility on an update. MLB At Bat 2010 worked great on my 3G/3.1.3.

8. vistadude macrumors 65816

Can you tv-out or vga-out the video? How is the quality of the video and streaming? Does it lag and skip a lot?

Thanks.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I can't comment on your first question, but I did watch a Phillies spring training game for little bit on my phone this weekend. The video quality, I thought, was pretty good. Although I was connected to my home wifi network.

10. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Anyone notice the live look-in feature in this app? I saw it while in the gameday of the Red Sox-Rangers game. I'm blacked out in Texas, but it looks like with the live look-ins, black-outs don't apply. I wish it was a longer look-in, but I guess it's better than nothing.

11. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I just bought this today to watch the red sox game as I'm traveling. I only have the wifi iPad, so I'm tethering it to my vzw mifi to watchthe game. Even though I'm in Chicago, when it tries to verify my location, it says it cannot find my location, and doesn't allow me to watch. It's like this with every game. So it's not a blackout issue.

Just to test, I tether to my iPhone via mywi, and got the same result. Can anyone else confirm this is a problem? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!