MLB App on Apple TV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CTay, Apr 6, 2016.

1. CTay macrumors member

Am I missing something here?

Is there not a way to advance to the live portion of a game?

Last night, I started a game at the actual game time. During the middle of the game I decided to switch to a different room to finish watching the game. When I pulled the game up on the 2nd Apple TV, I could not find an option to start the game at the "live" time. All I could do, was start the game from the beginning??? I then tried to scrub forward and couldn't. The app would only start from the beginning of the game and I would have to watch the entire game again.

Is this something you guys are seeing as well? Is there an option or setting I am missing?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I'm fairly certain when I watched a game last night it asked me if I want to start at the beginning or at the LIVE time

4. CTay thread starter macrumors member

Wow... I am not getting that. I will contact support then. I figured it wasn't a design flaw.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have see it a lot. Maybe the game was over?

6. CTay thread starter macrumors member

no... It didn't give me that option at all... I checked again last nigh... Simply goes to the beginning. Checked both AppleTV 4's.

7. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I can verify that I get the same two options when I choose a game to watch within the app.

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I just checked the New York game and got both options.

Attached Files:

9. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

It must be related to server locations around the country. Mine has been great all season.

Note: You must pause first to scroll ahead since the most recent TVOS update.

10. machpost macrumors 6502

machpost

I noticed a lot of people on the mlb.tv support forum complaining about similar problems. I think they've been experiencing some widespread issues, which is unusual. The service is usually very reliable.

11. Mongus macrumors newbie

It seems to be an Issue with the "Hide Scores" setting. I found if I turned off hide scores in settings that I could then watch live or from the beginning. The default is to hide scores and when that is on it only seems to start from the beginning of the game. This drove me nuts the first time I was trying to use it this year.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I found the same thing. It seems to be related to hide scores.

That said, even when I do choose to start the game from the beginning, there seems to be no easy way of skipping forward to live without existing the game and selecting it again. Other than holding down fast forward, or pressing the 10-second skip over and over again, there is no quick way to advance.

13. xasore macrumors newbie

xasore

--- Post Merged, Apr 16, 2016 ---
    Yes. Same thing happened to me.