MLB At Bat 2012

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iArrudaG, Mar 17, 2012.

1. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

Do you think the app will be updated to support the new iPad's retina display?

2. IvanX macrumors 6502

Yes, no doubt. In fact, I am surprised that it has not been already. Their streaming technology adapt to your connection speed, so I hope for some proper HD. Keep me posted, I have not bought this season's sub yet.

3. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

when the regular season starts they always update the App so expect it in a few weeks. When it comes to apps and using the internet no league does it better so don't think they will drop the ball with this one, ha ha ha

4. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

Is anyone else having issues with video quality. Last year streaming looked great on my iPad. This year it keeps buffering and moving to very low quality I have a pretty good connection so I thought I'd ask around.

5. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

It has not been updated from the retina display yet and i think last year the spring training games looked bad also

6. elmo151 Guest

yes

7. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

They'll probably update it just before the regular season starts. Can't wait!

8. iArrudaG thread starter macrumors regular

iArrudaG

Yes! The app looks great!

9. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

If I pay $14.99 does this mean I can watch games live on my iPad for no subscription?

10. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

No, for 14.99 you get to watch the free game of the day every day and you get to see all the in game highlights after the games are over. In order to watch any game live you need the full package which is about a $100 a year. It's an awesome app one way or the other. I went for the 14.99 since I tend to watch all the Mets games on TV and then all the highlights on my ipad after the game.

11. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Cool but if im a MLB.tv user I can watch any on the app?

12. IvanX macrumors 6502

Yes. Do not buy stuff within the app. Just log in using MLB.TV credendials (Gearspoke > Settings > MLB.com account) and you should be good to go.

13. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Yeah, if you have MLB.tv then just login and you will be good to go. Great app one way or the other. Love it.

14. IvanX, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

IvanX macrumors 6502

Correction: only if you bought MLB.TV Premium. Basic does not allow At Bat access.

They removed a lot of stuff from the free version of the app this year, which I doesn't still well with me.

15. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Are you able to listen to the games live (audio, but no video) with this app?

16. IvanX macrumors 6502

not unless you make an in-app purchase to allow that or log in using MLB account that bought MLB.TV Premium.

17. Lamarak macrumors 6502

This is a great APP.. i paid the 130 and it looks great on Ipad, Iphone, and streaming it through Apple TV on my big screen. Well worth the money if a baseball fan and dont want to payplaces like Direct TV high price for games.

I have the premium, so can listen anyway, basic seems lets you listen in a few select games and alsoview a few chosen games.

18. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

For the $14.99 in-app purchase you get live audio for every game across your devices, so it's $14.99 for ipad/iphone together rather than paying twice like last year.

19. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

how do you access team rosters and schedules on the ipad app??

20. IvanX macrumors 6502

you can't, at least in the free version I have at the moment.

21. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Just want to verify a few things before plunging for the subscription:

1. The $15 subscription unlocks the same features available on the $15 2011 at bat app correct?

2. How is the app with subscription? Reviews on iTunes aren't glowing at all. I loved the 2011 at bat app.... Just hoping this new subscription system is on par with the ol app.

22. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

If you liked the 11 app you will like this one , still the same great app! Although I use the iPad one more this year and it baffles me why I can't access schedules or rosters but I assume that was no different last year

23. IvanX macrumors 6502

1. You also get access on both iPhone and iPad if you have both devices.

2. Can't comment as I have not subscribed yet.

Beware: functionality of iPhone and iPad apps are not the same, at least not yet. iPhone app has schedules and results for your favourite teams and rosters. Also...

- Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature a designated favorite team (iPhone only)
    - Enhanced video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
    - Customizable push notifications for game start and end and video highlight availability (iPhone only)

24. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

you would think that the IPAD app would be more functional