MLB At Bat subscription question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dan8379, Mar 19, 2011.

1. dan8379 macrumors newbie

This seems like a basic question, but I can't find the answer--if you subscribe to MLB.tv for $99, do you also have to purchase the $14.99 version of at bat in order to watch games on an I phone? On the MLB website they sell it as a perk to be able to watch on mobile devices, so I wouldn't think you'd have to pay extra. But I'm probably wrong. Thanks.

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i am almost positive you would still need to buy the app for $14. i would think that $99 dollars just allows you to watch on your computer. apple has to get their cut some how lol

3. gks macrumors 6502

As it has been for the past 3 years of App Store. You can't bundle anything with outside purchases. MLB can't let you buy a subscription outside of the app store and then give you an app that costs money for free on the App Store. It just doesn't work that way.

So yes, you need to buy both the subscription and the app.

4. Bigmike300c macrumors newbie

So I need the $100 subscription + $15 app to watch the games on my iPad?

5. dan8379 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately it sounds like that's what everyone is saying. I was hoping that we could use the Lite version which is free combined with the $99 MLB package. But it doesn't sound like that's the case.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Yes this is what you'll need.

7. SooneratND macrumors regular

And another $15 if you want to watch on the iPhone as well. I sucks to have to spend all that, but it really is one of the best apps ever.

I usually justify it by breaking it down per game. I've watched enough games on it the last two seasons that it costs me less than a dollar a game.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You're witnessing the future of television. Live sports broadcasts were for many folks the only reason they held on to cable TV. If the NFL and NHL become available the cable companies won't be happy.

The presentation on the ATV2 is top notch.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

+1

As a transplanted New Yorker living in Texas it has been worth every penny to see every Yankees game. I also work nights, so it's extra special to be able to watch them at work. And the added option to watch on Apple TV makes this even more valuable.