MLB.com At Bat 2011 Question....

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jrodsep, Apr 1, 2011.

1. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Hi guys I'm a baseball freak and I'm very very interested in this app. I do have one question though. If I buy the app today for $15, will I be able to use it for the 2012 season and beyond? or is it only for this season? If it's only for this season I will not buy it because it's very pricey for an app. Thank for your info.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. yankeesguy macrumors newbie

It is this season only. But the app is so worth it if you are a major baseball fan of a team that is not in your region!

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Buy now as Volvo is sponsoring free video broadcasts for all games in April.

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

+1

If you truly are a baseball freak, the app is well worth the $14.99. Even if you don't subscribe to MLB.tv, you still get audio broadcasts, gameday play-by-play and a number of free games every day (after the free month is over). I've noticed they've added "live look-ins" as well, even for those games that are blacked out.

As a Yankees fan living in Houston, this is the most important app I have.

6. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It's only for this season. Yes $15 may seem like a lot but it includes a gameday audio subscription to use on that device.

7. churchrd macrumors member

MLB at Bat is AWESOME. And it has been awesome since day one. I give MLB credit for really taking the mobile market serious, right out of the gate.

The gameday audio subscription for a pc used to be the same price as the app. And how can you not love being able to get the home feed for your team no matter where you are!? (and that's not to mention that baseball and radio go hand in hand).

If you're going to get it, get it now, and take full advantage of the free month. Really see this apps potential with mlb.tv video. They've updated the interface too, so while you're watching the game you can get a drop down menu to see scores, and the box scores. And you can switch to any other game from there. It's really nice.