Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
This is exciting and will be getting it again. I am curious though I don't have an iphone but am wondering what kind of damage this will do to your usage cap

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
This is a really cool app particularly for those with very limited free time, but want to generally keep up.

Where is the equivalent for the NFL, or English Premier League for that matter?

jcb10

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
What "usage cap?"

This is exciting and will be getting it again. I am curious though I don't have an iphone but am wondering what kind of damage this will do to your usage cap

All iPhone plans contain unlimited data -- which includes streaming audio. Plus, there's always wi-fi.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
I would assume you have to have the app open for gameday audio to work? thats kinda sad - if I want to check my mail I have to close the app, lose the feed, check my mail and then come back and start the feed again.

This is one of the areas where Apple needed to add some sort of background functionality. It doesn't have to be the full app, just have the OS setup some sort of audio stream handler in the background so I can tool around the phone and do other stuff while listening to the game.

If you have a Jailbroken Ipod Download Backrounder it lets you run apps in the backround for example im currently listeing to pandora as im posting this on my ipod touch :)

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Last year they did NOT say the app was only for that year.
Hope they are making it clear this time.

uh. yes they did. it stated something like, 'will provide in-game video highlights and scores throughout the 2009 season.'

themanfromvlad

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
Montreal
People say the Expos had no fans, and there's at least four in this thread. Just shows you how complex the situation surrounding the Expos demise was. For those not in the loop: Fan support was the least of the Expos problems.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
People say the Expos had no fans, and there's at least four in this thread. Just shows you how complex the situation surrounding the Expos demise was. For those not in the loop: Fan support was the least of the Expos problems.

and they seemed to be the professional minor leauge team i mean look at all the guys that came from the Expos Vlad Guerro Pedro martinez Larry walker

opaqueentity

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
uh. yes they did. it stated something like, 'will provide in-game video highlights and scores throughout the 2009 season.'

I certainly don't remember it saying that (at least not on the the app store on the iphone) but even if it did it did not say ONLY for the 2009 season. For something that lasts a finite time it needs to be explicit. Every other app I have is permament.

churchrd

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I was so stoked to hear about this app. I'm all over it when my iphone arrives tomorrow! (I actually just missed the ups man today, i was so disappointed)

$10 is a good deal for the whole season(162games+postseason). It's 14.95 online for gameday audio. And for only $10 you can carry it in your pocket! IMHO i think it's a steal.

Is there any mlb.tv subscribers here? I've subscribed the last few seasons and was wondering if i'll be able to stream the games on the iphone(using safari) like i would at home. I figure i'd be able to just log into my account via the iphone. Anyone know if that will work? Seems feasible. I actually may not download this app though if i can view my mlb.tv account on the iphone.

Can't wait till my iphone is here!!!!!!!!

Cheers to the boys of summer(and the iphone).

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
i just don't see many people paying $10 for this. granted, it does seem like a nice app, but still

There are many basball fans that will gladly pay $10 to listen to any game they want all season long.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
i just don't see many people paying $10 for this. granted, it does seem like a nice app, but still

I think baseball fans will buy it. It's basically like free game audio. That is an awesome selling point since it costs $15 on the real web.

It's great to keep me up-to-date on my fantasy team. And now we can listen to great announcers like Scully or Kalas when I'm a Cardinals fan in St. Louis.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I certainly don't remember it saying that (at least not on the the app store on the iphone) but even if it did it did not say ONLY for the 2009 season. For something that lasts a finite time it needs to be explicit. Every other app I have is permament.

I didn't get it last year, but I remember it being made VERY clear that it was for 2008 only. There were also several threads about the pros and cons of such a business model.

Now that it has the audio, I'll definitely be buying it this season. Being able to listen to all the Red Sox games wherever I am is too tempting to resist.

kiddnets

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
Are the boxscores in realtime? Any way to enter a fantasy team like you do with the Sportacular app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.